Help with Blog Layout and Lost Component

Hey,

I’ve got a few little snags I’m hoping you can help me with.

1. I’ve got three rich text fields on the single blog page. The first one is looking sharp - the styling worked out perfectly. But the other two are giving me a hard time. No matter what I try, they just won’t change.

2. When I apply a marquee effect to these cards, they simply vanish.

1. I accidentally deleted a component while trying to unlink it, and all I got back was “null” text when I tried to undo it. Is there any chance I could recover it?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks a bunch!

Hey,

1. I am not sure what do you mean, can you share me your webiste url and screenshots?

2. Marquee requires fixed height in order to be visible, since it is based on absolute positioning, set height to height of the highest card.

3. You can access backups if you have recently published a version with that component.
    So in new tab open your builder as /builder?backup=1

You can use any number, backup=1 is most recent update, and then the higher number is, the oldest version is.

Just keep in mind, when you are viewing backup, do not change anything there or publish, just use it so you can copy JSON from backup, so you can paste it on your regular version.

Here you can learn how to copy JSON and Paste it between sites, in your case between backup version and live version:

Hey @Pakic

1. The website URL https://tanic.divhunt.art/blog/post/null. The first rich text is looking good, but the other two seem to be missing some styling.

2. It worked! Thanks :grimacing:

3. Good news - I managed to recover it! Thank you so much!

4. New one here - I can’t seem to figure out to avoid this to happen.

Really appreciate your help with this. Looking forward to getting these issues sorted out. Thanks again!

1. If that is a slider, before you have set it to be a slider, you had it in flex, and probably had gap property applied. You need to reset gaps, if that was the case.

Yes, I think that was part of the issue. But still I can’t achieve full width. :sweat_smile:

Edit: Adding here the screenshot of the issue #1.
First “Rich text” looking good.

The latter no so good.

You container is max width 1920px. And your screen is higher than that :slight_smile:

For rich text, it works only on first one, becuase when you were writing CSS, your wrote everywhere “:first-child” as a starting point which is wrong aproach.

So instead of using “:first-child” everywhere, you can use “self”

So it is going to be “self h5”, “self li” , so on.

@Pakic That’s only the upper part, isn’t?
I’ve removed that limit form the upper container, but the marquee thing still shows to be cut to me.

That’s another thing I was wondering - I’m working on Mac Studio Display. I tried to set up a break point bigger than the 1920 px but was unable to… How I can optimise the website for bigger screens? :nerd_face:

Oh, alright. I’ll get on fixing it. Not entirely sure about the best way to go about it, thanks for steering me in the right direction. :grin:

Update: I think I might be missing a step here. I created this new tag and adjusted the font size, but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference.

Hey,

It’s “self”, not “:self” , but nevermind, here’s an easier solution to directly target specific children of your rich text. Just use child selector and select what you want to edit like this:

It’s not possible to create higher breakpoint than 1920px, same layout you apply to 1920 is applied to bigger screens.

For container, set max width to 100% on that place

All fixed now, many thanks!

Just trying things out I created this and I don’t seem to be able to delete it.

That is a class applied to that tag, you can remove it like this:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks a lot! All fixed :grin: