About site rendering, SPA and SEO

Hello,

Firstly, I am new here. Hi to everyone, and it’s nice to be here! :blush:

However, I have been lurking around the Divhunt site, trying out various things, etc., so I am not completely new to the platform. I am a full-stack developer with some experience in Webflow and webstudio.is.

I really appreciate all the great things that the Divhunt team is bringing in. Please keep it coming! :heart_eyes: I see that it is different in a good way, especially with the competitions.

Enough of the introduction, and now to my question:

I am curious about the technology behind these SPA (Single Page Application) sites that we are creating. If it’s proprietary knowledge that Divhunt would like to keep to themselves, that’s fine, I’m just curious.

Is the SPA site server-side rendered or client-side rendered? I have this question because when I viewed the source of a published site on Divhunt, it doesn’t show any of my content, so I assumed it is client-side rendered. If that is the case, there could be a significant impact on SEO, right? If this is true, are there any plans to introduce server-side rendering (SSR) into the platform in the future, or any strategies to mitigate this so that search engines can see our content clearly and index it?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @ehans

Welcome to Divhunt :slight_smile:

We already have prerendering implemented, we are detecting crawlers from Google, Bing and Yahoo for now, and all others which are sending the “bot” keyword in user agent headers.

There’s also a way to manually trigger prerendering by adding query parameter ?prerendering=true, this is useful if you are using some SEO tool that is unable to crawl your website because of SPA and requires full HTML content to analyze.

1 Like

Thank you,
when I added ?prerendering=true I can see the content in the view source. Otherwise no.

Does this mean that when divhunt platform detect crawlers from Google etc. it will pre-render the content otherwise no? (like depending on situations?)

Or are we talking about only meta keywords and description that search engines can see but not content itself?

@ehans

When Divhunt detects a crawler (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc), it will automatically pre-render and show entire content, including meta tags and all body content as well, headings, paragraphs, images etc.

However, pre-rendering is not being triggered for normal visits, as it’s not really required, it would slow down the website.

So to answer your question clearly, even if Divhunt utilizes SPA, there is no negative impact on SEO what-so-ever.

?prerendering=true is a way to manually trigger pre-rendering, because some of SEO tools are not capable of scanning your website and analyzing it properly because of SPA, so if you scan your website url with ?prerendering=true, then it can analyze properly.

Hopefully this makes sense.

3 Likes

yes, it is clear now. Thank you for the clarification :+1:

1 Like