Divhunt site breaks archive.org wayback machine

When I try to archive my own site by saving it to the Wayback Machine, the top bar breaks while the page ends up being blank. For some reason, it didn’t save the actual web site html in the “dh-website” div

Broken archive

Hey, I am not sure why that website is not working, but if check our domain for example there is some partially working snapshots. I dont know how people from web archive save these snapshots, but I am pretty sure they are not able to replicate website in original state, since our websites require our backend to work due to SPA and more functionalities.

I don’t think there is a good snapshot I could find in archive.org . I wonder if you could somehow try and talk with someone working on the Wayback machine.

Also, what is SPA?

Honestly, I don’t see a point of that, we have our own backups, we don’t need to rely on some 3rd party such as archive org.

SPA = Single Page Application, website is generated a bit differently than regular websites like on WordPress for example… here all page data is stored in JSON file, and when user opens a website, javascript takes that JSON and generates a proper page. It’s hard to explain it, but what i wanted to say, archieve org is probably struggling with replicating that on their backups

1 Like