Excluding Website Name from Page Title Variable

I am trying to add just a simple page title/details component to some pages. If I simply pick page title from the variables, it loads “page title” in the builder, but “website name | page title” on the front end.

How can I exclude the website name from the variable?

Can you give me a website url and on which page is that happening, its hard for me to help without seeing :slight_smile:

Here’s a sample page with the heading component (Connecticut Small Business | Sample Page), using the settings below. The only way to remove the website name in front of the vertical hash is to edit the page SEO. Shouldn’t selecting Page->Title simply load the page title only as specified in the page setting? I know it shows the editing of instance only at the bottom, but the overall output has remained the same over several tries on multiple sites.

Any suggestions on how to properly eliminate the website name from the page title?

Actually live website is showing correct informations, builder is not, we will work on that.
Whatever you set in page settings, it will show as page title on live website

1 Like

Thank you for looking into it. So it sounds like it’s not possible to exclude the site name like the version shown in the builder (i.e. “Services” or “Contact”) instead of using the full string as shown in the meta data area?

In meta area of your page, you remove the website name and it will not show?

Sorry, misunderstood. Yes, if I edit the meta data it shows as typed. My concern, doesn’t that negatively impact SEO on the project? As I thought Google uses the content displayed in the meta area/page settings to crawl the site :man_shrugging: