Is it possible to resize an image in collection's rich text?

Hi!
I’d like to be able to give different dimensions to the image, as some might take 100% of width, while other are better smaller (logos, profile picture…).

Is it possible to resize images in a blog post directly from the rich text editor? Without having to do it outside divhunt before the upload?

Thank you in advance

I’ve never seen this feature before, but I’ve been longing for it for specific usecases like headers, featured images, gallery images etc.

I just play around using a higher resolution image like 2560px or something. Then when I’m satisifed with the design, I check the pixel size, then I just crop everything in Photoshop and save with desired compression. Works really well. If you don’t have Photoshop, then you can use Photopea.com which is basically a Photoshop-like clone in the web browser :slight_smile:

In CMS for specific items posts this is very useful, never seen any site use though, but it saves tons of time if we could force resize and compression when uploading images to the CMS at least, set a size that the user need to crop it to so aspect ratio is always perfect.

Personally for me in rich rext editor, it’s overkill. It might just annoy people like me that does everything offline, but there could be an option for turning this feature on or off.

Until then, check out Photopea, really good tool!

1 Like

Hey @bktag, Vincent already gave you really good advice. It’s better to resize and optimize images in some editing program first.

Photopea is a really good tool for editing, and you can use tinypng.com to compress and optimize them for the web.

If you need to resize certain images or aspect ratios directly in the CMS for any reason, you can assign classes in the Rich Text, and just give the proper styling to that class (e.g. give it the correct width, aspect ratio, shadows, or whatever you need).

We plan to introduce some editing tools and image compression features inside the Divhunt, but it’s not gonna happen that soon.

Thanks @Vincent and @Lazarevic for the answers. Yes I have Photoshop and I even sometimes just use windows Photo app to resize images.
I was wondering if it was possible to do it directly in the Rich text editor as for some type of contents (a list of organizations with multiple logos for example), it can be a bit of hassle to resize everything outside of the tool.

If you need to resize certain images or aspect ratios directly in the CMS for any reason, you can assign classes in the Rich Text, and just give the proper styling to that class (e.g. give it the correct width, aspect ratio, shadows, or whatever you need).

How do you assign a class in rich text in a collection item please? :slight_smile:

Hey @bktag, apologies, there’s no way to assign a class to the images yet, you would need to call a tag inside the Rich Text and style it that way, but at that point, I guess it’s easier to resize it in Photoshop haha.

You can assign classes on text elements. You can highlight the text portion or the whole text, and you’ll see the bunch of options above it. There’s a brackets icon on the right side, the very last icon.

And then you can style it directly, or assign an ID/Class and style it that way in Designer.