Table of contents for CMS

Hey there! I was wondering how to create a table of contents for CMS items?

Hello,

You can just create a list of links that are being pulled from CMS, link will take name from CMS, and link will take URL from CMS as well?

Maybe I didnt understand a question correctly.

Hey @Pakic! Iā€™m not very familiar with how to achieve that. Can you please explain it in a bit more detail or direct me to a article/video that can help? Thanks!

Here you can see how to link everything from CMS. Just in video I am using whole cards which are containing image + name + description + card is linked, you would just need one simple link, which will get name from CMS and Link from CMS.

If you donā€™t figure it out, send me your website URL, and I will do it for you, and later you can just style it your way.

Hey @Pakic!

Iā€™ve been trying to create a table of contents, but no luck so far. Iā€™m having trouble capturing the h2, h3, and other headings.

Also, Iā€™m wondering how this will work when blogs donā€™t always have the same number of titles. For example, what if one blog has 5 h2 headings and another has 10?

Hereā€™s the link to my blog post in case you want to take a look: https://tanic.divhunt.art/blog/post/null

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Aah, so you are looking for table of contents inside of blog single page?
We have a plugin in creation for that, we will publish it and I will record you tutorial soon. Latest monday

1 Like

Yes @Pakic , I was trying to create a table of contents for each individual page. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for letting me know that a plugin is on the way to make that possible! Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the tutorial.

Thanks

Hi :wave: @Pakic ! Circling back on this.

Hello, I finished the plugin, but I need to do some more styling changes, will publish plugin tonight and will record tutorial. Havenā€™t been working last 2 days, sorry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Pakic,

Weā€™ve been struggling with following this tutorial.

Can you, please, do another video showing how you created the pages (the standalone post page and blog page) on the builder? Or are there templates for that?

The main struggle is adding CMS items in the form of grid cards. I noticed you didnā€™t use regular grid cards in connecting CMS items.

Yes, I need further help with this. The shared video didnā€™t help. Weā€™re moving over to DH and trying to achieve this:

Blog page: VEC.studio's Blog

Posts page: How We Bake Distribution Into B2B Content Marketing Strategies

While we can achieve something close design-wise on the builder canvas, trying to connect to the CMS didnā€™t work for me. I noticed @Pakic used ā€œitemsā€ not card grid on the blog page, but I canā€™t see how to do that.

Have you created Items inside your CMS Collection?

Or just pass me the website URL so I can directly see what is going on and directly help you.

Hey @Pakic,

Howā€™s the progress with the plugin going?

Honestly, I forgot to do that, I will work on it now so I dont forget :joy:

1 Like

:nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: @pakic, can I assume you worked on it right away and now itā€™s ready?

Actually I did :smiley:

Hereā€™s a tutorial, just now we need to wait for our back-end to officially publish a plugin, will happen today for sure!

1 Like

Hey @pakic, thanks for shipping the plugin and recording the walkthrough video! Looking forward to seeing it live! Many thanks!

1 Like

@Yaiza

You can install plugin now.

1 Like