Website Migration; Cut 'n paste entire Website code?

Hey hey, Im a Tech noob with no coding experience and a silly question;

Ive created an entire (albeit basic) website on another platform (Strikingly) - but Id love it hosted on Divhunt!
If I am able to download all the code and assets, can I easily migrate it over here without too much pain?

Is it possible? Is it practical? What would be my best strategy here?

Thanks!

Hi,

The best approach would be to create your website from scratch using Divhunt, as it will make maintenance much easier since you will be working with our visual builder.

Rebuilding your site with our builder may take some time initially, but it will save you a lot of effort in the long run, especially if you need to make changes later on.

Another option, which is not very practical, involves hosting the HTML, CSS, and JS files exported from Strikingly in our builder. However, this can make it difficult for you to maintain your website, especially since you don’t have coding experience.

Anyway, I will explain you how this could be done if you have html, css & js files.

------

I am writing this text after I wrote whole tutorial down below, and now when I wrote whole tutorial I relized how bad that soultion is.

Yes, its possible, and it might work, but it is really bad. So I highly recommend you to create your website from scratch using our builder. Why solution below is bad:

• There might be JS conflicts.
  • Your website will not be SPA.
  • Its really hard to maintain a webiste in long run.
  • You will need to upload images, and manually change urls inside of HTML code.
  • Without coding experience, this could be very hard to setup.

If you are not forced to use your current design, you might want to check some of our templates, I know that we dont have many, but maybe you will find something that you like. They are all free atm.

One more option is, we also offer website development. So, if you are interested in our help, you can get in touch with us at business@divhunt.com, and you can send us your project that currently have on Strinkingly and we will see what we can do for you. Including lifetime plan for your website.

------

Step 1: Create a project.

Learn how to do it here.

Step 2: Add CSS & JS files

Go to the files tab, and create files for your CSS & JS code. In this example, we need only one JS and one CSS file. Inside of each files paste your code.

Step 3: Create your page(s)

For each page (HTML file) that you have, you will need to create a seperate page on Divhunt.
In each of this pages, add Embed code like on 2nd screenshot below.

You can find embed code when you hover div icon on top left:

Step 4: Change all of the assets to divhunt urls

Upload all assets in Divhunt storage, and change all asset urls inside of embed code to uploaded urls.